- How a Physicist redesigned the Ghostbuster’s Proton Pack May 30, 2016
- Explore the Science behind the Ghostbuster’s Proton Pack May 28, 2016
- Flying West or East. Why is one faster? December 3, 2015
- Science of the Space Elevator A Bruntouchables Case December 3, 2015
- Metamaterials and the Science of Invisibility June 22, 2014
Godzilla 2014: How Can The MUTO Talk? Communication and Echolocation
In the 2014 Godzilla reboot, Dr. Joe Brody discovers that the M.U.T.O. (Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism) may be using a form of echolocation to communicate with another of its kind hidden in the Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Depository in Nevada. How exactly can a creature in Japan communicate with another all the way in Nevada? It uses ultrasound. To learn more, read my new MoviePilot article.